For many of my life, I dreaded winter. It’s chilly, it’s darkish, it’s seasonally miserable. However! Final yr, one thing clicked, and I lastly discovered learn how to lean into the coziness. Small issues made the largest distinction, and now I’m really wanting ahead to the colder months. (Imagine me, nobody is extra shocked than I’m.)
Right here is my five-pronged strategy:
1. Get out alllll the comfortable blankets. (This striped magnificence is made with 100% lambswool.) We drape them over our beds and sofas, and nearly any time of day you’ll find a member of the family wrapped up in a single.
2. Climb into the softest bedding. We spend numerous time in mattress — studying books, watching films, cuddling one child or one other, and naturally sleeping. We’ve tried many various bedding manufacturers by way of the years, and absolutely the comfiest we’ve discovered is Brooklinen. We begin with their luxe sateen sheets, which have a buttery clean weave and barely luminous end. After which we add the heather cashmere quilt cowl and pillow instances, that are breathable, light-weight and unbelievably gentle. The mixture is past comfy.
3. Within the winter, we arrange a bed room scent station (with the assistance of eight-year-old Anton). We mild incense and candles; this one smells like a cabin within the woods.
4. Years in the past, Alex taught me about solar lamps — have you ever ever tried one? The white mild helps your physique modify to darker days, and you may really really feel your temper brightening.
5. Lastly, within the winter, we swap from a lighter comforter to a thicker, tremendous luxurious one. Our mattress seems like a lodge!
Nice information: Brooklinen is kicking off their Black Friday sale. Get 20% off your order, no code required. See all the things right here, in the event you’d like — together with their linen units and towels.
How do you create a snug house within the winter?
(Images by Christine Han and styling by Veronica Olson for Cup of Jo. This publish is sponsored by Brooklinen, a model who now we have used and liked for years. Thanks for supporting the manufacturers that assist Cup of Jo.)