Use this Baking Pan Conversion Chart so you’ll be able to simply substitute completely different baking pan sizes. This information accommodates useful data on how a lot completely different pans maintain and which pans are equal sizes.
You’ll discover this printable conversion chart will are available so useful on your baking wants! I’ve additionally included a few of my favourite dishes to bake in each.
It’s baking season! Truthfully, each season is baking season in our residence… however I really like an excuse to cozy up our kitchen with scrumptious Christmas cookies and extra!
As a lot as we love cookies, we additionally do lots of fast breads, muffins, brownies and desserts round right here. (We love all of them, we actually do!) Typically, we’ll determine to chop a recipe in half, or strive smaller batches so we don’t waste components.
Recipes sometimes state the scale of pan to make use of on your dish end up completely. However you might want or need to use a unique kind of pan, relying on what you’ve gotten in your line-up of baking pan sizes.
Whether or not you’re modifying the scale of the recipe or simply need to use a unique sized or formed pan, use my Baking Pan Conversion Chart to ensure the whole lot will match contained in the pan!
It is available in so useful – simply connect it to the within of your baking cupboard or pantry and also you’ll be good to go.
Normal Baking Pans
Your kitchen most likely has some customary sized pans. These are the sizes I frequently use and why they’re so helpful.
I’ve listed the quantity every pan will maintain, however take into account that you gained’t fill a pan as much as the highest. You’ll often fill the pan ½ to ¾ full to permit your baked items to rise with out spilling over.
Baking Pan Sizes, Dimensions and Whole Quantity
- Rectangular Pan, 9″x13″ (14 cups) or 11″x17″ (10 cups) – These are good for desserts and casseroles. I really like to have the ability to bake and frost this Pumpkin Cake all within the pan. These pans are a terrific dimension for when I’m baking for company.
- Sq. Pan, 8″x8″ (8 cups) or 9″x9″ (10 cups) – I really like these pans for smaller desserts. Additionally they work once I need to make a brownie or Gooey Butter Cake additional thick.
- Spherical Pan, 8″ (6 cups) or 9″ (8 cups) – Completely sized for layered desserts, spherical pans create a fantastically formed cake made to be stacked, like this Mandarin Orange Cake.
- Muffin Tin, 12 cup (4 cups, ⅓ cup every) – We like to make use of our customary sized muffin tins for cupcakes and muffins, like this Apple Cobbler Muffin.
- Pie Pan, 9″ or 10″ – If you happen to make pies, then these are a should. With the graduated sides, they’re good for baked pies (strive Pecan Pie) or unbaked pies (Finest French Silk Pie).
- Loaf Pan, 9″x5″ (8 cups) – Loaf pans are used on a regular basis in my residence as a result of they’re good for candy breads. A loaf of gorgeous and scrumptious bread is at all times on my buffet desk.
- Baking Sheet or Jelly Roll Pan, 13″x17″ (12 cups) or 10″x15″ (10 cups) – These are my go-to pans for baking cookies like Carmelita Cookies and Straightforward Sugar Cookies as a result of the pans are massive sufficient to area the cookie dough out on the pan. The smaller jelly roll pan is ideal for Final Peanut Butter Cake.
- Bundt Pan, 10″ (12 cups) – Perhaps not everybody retains considered one of these of their kitchen, however I feel it makes a cake look actually particular, like this Brown Sugar Bundt Cake.
Easy methods to Use a Baking Pan Conversion Chart
It’s at all times finest apply to observe recipes, together with the scale of baking pan advisable. The prepare dinner instances and oven temperature has been chosen for the quantity of components in your pan.
Nevertheless, in case you’re seeking to substitute pans, attempt to use a pan(s) that may maintain the identical quantity of components. For instance, a loaf pan, 9″ spherical pan and eight″ sq. all maintain 8 cups.
You could be assured utilizing the identical quantity of batter/components in these pans to keep away from overflowing. Be mindful, although, that bake time would have to be adjusted as a result of a loaf pan is extra compact and requires extra bake time than a spherical pan or sq. pan.
What in case you wished to chop a recipe in half that known as for a 9″x13″ pan? Half of the quantity is 7 cups, so that you’d most likely need to select the 9″ sq. which might maintain as much as 8 cups.
One other trick you need to use to determine the right way to alter prepare dinner time is to discover a recipe that makes use of the pan you need to use. After which begin with that prepare dinner time, however watch your dish intently.
Know the indicators of doneness for the dish that you’re cooking. Be ready to take away your baking once you see it’s executed, whether or not the time has been longer or shorter than anticipated.
Bear in mind, a batter for desserts won’t ever replenish your complete pan. So despite the fact that the quantity of the pans is listed, you’ll solely put in half or as much as ¾ of that quantity.
Preserve this baking pan conversion chart available for simple baking – merely obtain and print at your comfort!
Regularly Requested Questions
You must be capable to get 24 common sized cupcakes from a 9×13 cake recipe. Be certain to scale back the bake time. Relying on the denseness of your batter, they may very well be prepared to return out of a 350°F oven in round quarter-hour.
If the pan you’re utilizing is smaller than the unique pan so your batter is thicker, then you’ll be able to scale back the temperature by a number of levels and improve the bake time a couple of minutes. This may assist the within to get cooked with out the surface getting overdone.
On the lookout for new baking pans? I can’t advocate these Goldtouch bakeware items (as proven all through this publish) sufficient! They bake evenly, clear up so properly, and add heat, elegant magnificence to our kitchen and our baking!
They make a great gift for the bakers in your lives, too! See my Baking Reward Information for extra inspiration.