Pronounces new enterprise and campus prospects to drive nation-wide upskilling
As we speak, we’re asserting plenty of initiatives to speed up development within the Philippines. As demand for Coursera rises within the nation, we’re asserting new enterprise and campus prospects and a number of other platform improvements to higher serve Filipino learners. With over 1.3 million registered learners and 85% year-over-year development, the Philippines is the third quickest rising nation on our platform. The nation has emerged as a precedence marketplace for us in Asia Pacific.
“The pandemic has dramatically modified the way in which we study, train, and work. Our sturdy momentum within the Philippines displays the continued pattern of people and establishments embracing on-line studying to develop high-demand digital expertise,” mentioned Jeff Maggioncalda, CEO, Coursera. “We’re excited to serve main campuses and corporations within the nation with a rising collection of job-relevant content material and credentials delivered on a mobile-friendly platform to handle the nation’s expertise and digital divide.”
Among the many bulletins we’re making at this time:
- 60 new Coursera for Campus prospects, together with Lyceum of the Philippines College, Centro Escolar College, Nationwide Academics School, College of the Philippines, and De La Salle Lipa
- 10 new Coursera for Enterprise prospects, together with Ayala Company, Globe Telecom, Financial institution of the Philippine Islands, Ayala Land, and Bayview Applied sciences
- A authorities buyer, Division of Science and Expertise, constructing on the success of the Coursera for Workforce Restoration program
- Platform improvements to bridge the digital divide and construct accessible studying experiences. 61% of our learners within the Philippines use cellular gadgets for studying. The platform permits learners to obtain programs, synchronize progress and quizzes, take notes with highlights, and calendar sync – optimized for low knowledge consumption
- With over 60,000 enrollments supported by monetary help, the Philippines accounts for the second-largest share of monetary help awarded by Coursera to learners in Southeast Asia
- Girls within the Philippines are studying on-line at increased charges in comparison with pre-pandemic. The nation ranks #1 worldwide for the best improve in enrollments from girls, rising 774% year-over-year
“The pandemic has spurred large-scale upskilling amongst enterprises and governments. Universities may help scale back the abilities scarcity by bettering scholar employability by way of industry-relevant content material,” mentioned Raghav Gupta, Managing Director, Asia Pacific, Coursera. “Because the nation embraces on-line studying at a quicker tempo, Coursera is dedicated to serving to many extra learners and establishments within the Philippines put together for the digital future.”
The Philippines additionally leads Southeast Asia within the adoption of Guided Tasks — a hands-on studying expertise that allows learners to construct a job-relevant ability in lower than two hours. Filipino learners accounted for greater than half of the 375,000 enrollments in Guided Tasks within the area since their launch in Could 2020.