Title: Christina Lindberg
Class Yr: 2011
Group Title: Miner Siddall LLP
1. In a single sentence, what does your job entail?
I characterize people and firms in quite a lot of civil and felony issues in state and federal courts.
2. What deliberate and unplanned occasions related you to your trade and your first employer after Holy Cross?
I knew I needed to attend regulation faculty by my junior 12 months. Via the SIP Program, I discovered a summer time internship with JP Morgan’s mental property regulation division. I took an LSAT prep course on campus throughout my senior 12 months and consulted with my professors about my plans. At my subsequent internship, I explored felony regulation as an intern with the Committee for Public Counsel Providers. To seek out my first place out of regulation faculty, I went via the everyday on campus interview course of and I used to be completely satisfied to safe a place as an affiliate at a regulation agency in Boston.
3. How did you study / resolve it was a superb match for you?
I benefit from the number of litigation work. I spend a considerable period of time researching and writing motions, however I’m additionally in courtroom or in depositions commonly. With every new case, I study new industries and the way the regulation applies to the actual details of my case.
4. What have been you concerned in once you have been on campus?
I used to be concerned with an SAT tutoring program and an afterschool tutoring program for youthful college students. I used to be additionally a employees author for the scholar newspaper.
5. What was your main and the way did it have an effect on your profession choices?
As an English main, I spent a variety of time studying, researching, and writing. I knew I needed to proceed that in my profession via litigation work.
6. What are one or two expertise that you just developed at Holy Cross that you just use in your work?
My professors at Holy Cross at all times gave constructive suggestions and pushed me to assume exterior the field. I attempt to use that very same inventive pondering on daily basis after I’m brainstorming arguments and writing a quick.
7. What recommendation do you’ve gotten for college students on campus at present?
Reap the benefits of the robust Holy Cross alumni community. Over time, alumni have been an incredible useful resource for me. Don’t wait till you’re making use of for a job. Attain out to alumni once you discover their profession path or present place fascinating. A fast thirty minute chat is a good way to get to know somebody and make a brand new connection.