Desk of Contents[Hide][Show]
Valentine’s is a day for displaying others how a lot we love them, and that usually includes Valentine’s Day playing cards and crafts. This can be a nice time to tug out the crafts station for artwork initiatives and let the children have enjoyable. Listed below are some concepts for Valentine’s Day crafts to your little ones to make and provides!
Valentine’s Crafts for Children
Most of us can keep in mind the dialog coronary heart candies and little paper Valentine’s Day playing cards that we exchanged as youngsters. Our household limits processed sugar, although, and papercrafts can actually begin to pile up round the home. We all the time have pipe cleaners, pom-poms, and stickers readily available for artwork initiatives, however these youngsters’ crafts go a bit of past that.
I wished to do some initiatives with the children that will be enjoyable for them and in addition create a helpful reward for family and friends. Your little ones may additionally alternate these items at college or make some for siblings. A few of these initiatives would require a bit of extra assist from an grownup, however they’re straightforward sufficient for teenagers of all ages (even preschoolers) to do.
Wildflower Seed Coronary heart Valentines
This Valentine’s craft for teenagers kills two birds with one stone. We’re upcycling paper and serving to to save the bees and different pollinators. They appear a bit of like sweet hearts, however with out the processed sugar and meals coloring. I used scrap white paper and threw in some crimson development paper to make a pink coloration.
You received’t need to plant these in February, however spring (and flower planting season) is correct across the nook. Embody planting directions if these coronary heart crafts are a present, and you’ll want to use flowers native to your space. Listed below are just a few locations to get non-GMO seeds:
Wildflower Seed Coronary heart Supplies Wanted
- Tear up the scrap items of paper and put them within the blender. If you would like pink hearts, you need to use crimson and white, or you can simply do white paper. If in case you have a number of paper in a sure coloration (like yellow), then you can make a number of batches. Experiment and see what you want.
- Put sufficient water within the blender to submerge the paper, and let it soak for Quarter-hour or so. Mix till it’s a thick pulp. Add extra water as wanted if the paper begins to jam up.
- Pour the paper water slurry onto a display and generously sprinkle in your wildflower seeds. You need to clean out the slurry some on the display so it’s not too thick.
- As soon as the paper has fully dried (just a few hours), rigorously peel it off of the display.
- Lay a heart-shaped cookie cutter on the paper and hint round it with the pen or marker. Reduce out the guts shapes.
- Make a card with planting directions to offer with the guts if it’s a present.
DIY Valentine Handprint Coronary heart Tree
This challenge is nice for the youngest ones within the household and makes a terrific reward for grandparents. Tracing their hand and slicing out the hearts helps youngsters apply their high-quality motor expertise and teaches symmetry. As a homeschool household, these are simply a number of the expertise we cowl in a day! Right here’s the simple tutorial for this cute Valentine souvenir.
Handprint Coronary heart Tree Supplies
- Crimson, white, pink, and brown development paper
- Glue or glue stick
- Have your infant hint their hand and down their arm on the brown piece of paper, serving to them if wanted. Their fingers are the tree branches and their arm is the trunk.
- Reduce out the handprint tree and glue it to a different sheet of paper, ideally cardstock.
- Fold the coloured development paper in half and hint out half a coronary heart. You’ll need it to make a full coronary heart as soon as it’s reduce and the paper is opened. Do that a number of instances, making hearts of various sizes and colours. This can be a good time to make use of up these little coloured paper scraps.
- Have your little ones reduce the define of the hearts.
- Glue the hearts onto the “tree branches” to make coronary heart foliage on the tree. You can even use a coronary heart stamp so as to add some extra visible distinction to the tree.
- Don’t neglect to have your kiddos signal their masterpiece earlier than gifting it!
DIY Coronary heart-Formed Crayons
Valentine’s crafts for teenagers that expend scrap objects in the home are all the time a plus in my ebook. DIY crayons may look subtle, however they’re straightforward peasy to make. You don’t even want any craft provides for this one.
I’ve silicone molds that I particularly use for issues like lotion bars and sugar scrub cubes. If you happen to plan on utilizing a mildew for meals, like vitamin C gummies, then hold it separate out of your crafting molds.
DIY Crayons Supplies
- Preheat the oven to 275 levels.
- Assist your youngster take the paper off the crayons and snap or reduce them into smaller items in the event that they’re on the massive facet.
- Place the crayon items into the silicone molds. They will use one coloration for every mildew or combine and match for a multicolored crayon.
- Put the silicone mildew onto a baking sheet for extra stability, and bake the crayons within the oven for about 10-Quarter-hour or till melted.
- Permit the crayons to chill fully earlier than eradicating them from the mildew.
- You can provide these individually or connect them to a chunk of cardstock with a Valentine’s message.
Fingerprint Coronary heart Valentine’s Day Card
This one might not be one thing to make use of like the opposite craft concepts, nevertheless it’s a pleasant contact to offer a do-it-yourself reward with a do-it-yourself Valentine card. Thanks playing cards are additionally huge in our home. Older youngsters may make a coronary heart collage with tissue paper, adorn it with stamps, and get inventive.
Coronary heart Card Supplies
- Paint (crimson, white, or pink)
- Building paper (white, crimson, or pink)
- Put a layer of paint in your youngster’s arms. Have them maintain their arms in a V form with their fingertips touching. Select a contrasting paint and paper coloration so the colours don’t simply mix collectively. You possibly can do crimson paint on pink paper, white paint on crimson paper, and so on.
- Press the paint-covered arms onto a coloured piece of development paper. Let the paint dry.
- As soon as it’s dried, hint a coronary heart form across the handprints and reduce it out.
- Glue the guts cutout onto some cardstock and write a customized message.
Extra Simple Valentine’s Day Crafts
There are a number of enjoyable Valentine’s Day crafts for teenagers on the market, so listed here are just a few extra concepts.
What actions do your youngsters do on Valentine’s Day? Any particular traditions? Tell us within the feedback!