Cisco Meraki Dashboard API simply matched 3 sweet canes 🍭🍭🍭, exploded a coloration bomb booster 🧨, and powered their approach to 2 ranges 🆙 by updating an entire new set of APIs of their stock!
Take a look at this listing of recent updates under. Then please use the feedback part under to let me know the way you propose to make use of these to get issues carried out at a large scale. I’d love to listen to from you.
1) System Standing Overview – The machine standing overview offers an organization-wide rely of your gadgets statuses in a single API name, a giant effectivity enchancment for giant Meraki deployments. This new endpoint offers you a fowl’s eye view of how your gadgets are doing in a single API name.
You can even use the non-obligatory parameters to filter the information primarily based on a number of product sorts (e.g., wi-fi AP or SD-WAN equipment) or by a number of networks.
2) Group Summaries – You don’t have to make lots of API calls to mixture knowledge throughout a number of networks. Group summaries endpoints can fetch that for you in single API requests thus making enterprise choices extra correct, fast and straightforward!
GET /organizations/:organizationId/abstract/prime/purchasers/byUsage GET /organizations/:organizationId/abstract/prime/gadgets/byUsage GET /organizations/:organizationId/abstract/prime/ssids/byUsage
3) Consumer Overviews – When monitoring massive deployments, clients continuously make enormous numbers of API GET requests to ballot data. Aggregating that data client-side could be lots of work. With this new overview endpoint, shopper statistics can now be aggregated to the community and the group.
GET /organizations/:organizationId/purchasers/overview GET /networks/:networkId/purchasers/overview
4) Utilization Histories – A brand new Utilization historical past endpoint has been added to collect Bandwidth utilization data for purchasers (aggregated to Group and Community ranges) and WAN uplinks. This can assist to watch and report on bandwidth consumption by purchasers for capability planning and pattern evaluation extra effectively!
GET /networks/:networkId/purchasers/bandwidthUsageHistory GET /organizations/:organizationId/purchasers/bandwidthUsageHistory GET /networks/:networkId/equipment/uplinks/usageHistory
New endpoints for monitoring and assurance
5) Community Topology – Ballot this endpoint to acquire Hyperlink-layer topology for Meraki gadgets and neighbors. Thus, proactively establish and remediate surprising adjustments in your topologies.
6) Consumer Search by MAC – Consumer hassle capturing obtained extra less complicated with this new endpoint. Now you can search any shopper related to any community utilizing solely its MAC handle.
7) Energy provide statuses – Element standing data allows you to monitor energy provides throughout your group and establish under-provisioned or non-redundant energy configurations.
8) Ping & ping machine – The brand new ping and ping machine endpoints allow you to run ping assessments in your Meraki gadgets utilizing the API. By automating ping assessments, clients can enhance assurance metrics and diagnostic suites.
9) Augmented gadgets endpoints – Rapidly distinguish dormant and alerting gadgets. Added context for gadgets, machine statuses, and machine stock endpoints.
10) RF Profile endpoints – New settings allow you to configure granular, per-SSID parameters for band choice, band steering, and minimal bit charges extra rapidly and scalable than ever earlier than.
We’d love to listen to what you suppose. Ask a query or depart a remark under.
And keep related with Cisco DevNet on social!
Go to the brand new Developer Video Channel